Know. Experience. Connect.
At HPC, we want to give our kids a foundation for a lifelong faith that will stick with them no matter where life takes them. We do this by helping kids to…
- Know the Story- We want HPC Kids to know the Story of how God has worked and continues to work in human history, and we want kids to know that they are a part of that Story.
- Experience Discipleship- HPC Kids experience discipleship as they engage in worship, Bible reading, service projects, missions, and prayer.
- Connect with the Community- At HPC Kids we place a high priority on a child’s relationships with his or her peers and mentors. We think every kid needs a community inside the church that makes church a “second home,” and we make a conscious effort to help nurture such a community.
Director of Christian Education
Spooky, Scary, Ceramics!
With Halloween just around the corner it’s the perfect time to get into the season by hand crafting your own decorations! The theme is Halloween, but what you create is up to you! We will have some examples for our students that need a little creative encouragement.
This four week course (2, 9, 16 & 23) will take place at Hosanna Industries Gibsonia location. We will be constructing our pieces, cleaning, them, and glazing them. Please register on their website. Questions, contact Emily Cadenhead or call (724) 770-0262.
All are welcome!
Wednesday, October 16th 6:00p - 8:00p
Christmas Musical rehearsals
HPC Christmas Musical rehearsals are just around the corner! Rehearsals for Kindergarteners though 5th graders and older will begin on Sunday, October 20th. New this year, there will be opportunities for preschoolers to be involved as well as for kids who are in 6th grade or older. I’ve attached a rehearsal schedule. All rehearsals will be held on Sunday evenings except for two dress rehearsals that will be on Saturday mornings in December.
If you’d like to learn more, please feel free to contact our Director of Music, Kathy Sawyer.
A full rehearsal schedule can be downloaded here or we'll update the list below month to month.
- Sunday, October 20th - 5:15p - 6:00p - All involved in musical (except pre-K)
- Sunday, October 27th - 5:15p - 6:00p - All involved in musical (except pre-K)
Getting to Know Your Bible
Our "Getting to Know Your Bible" classes are starting up for 2nd graders and their parents. The first class is for PARENTS ONLY and will happen on Sunday, October 20th from 7:00p - 8:00p. We’d love it if at least one parent per child was able to participate. One of the important things you’ll be doing during this first class is writing a dedication to your son or daughter in the Bible that you’ll be giving to him or her during one of the worship services on Sunday, Oct 27th.
Here are all of the important dates for you to keep in mind:
- Sunday, October 20th 7:00p - 8:00p - Parents only
- Sunday, October 27th at 9:30a or 11:00a - Parents present Bibles to their 2nd graders during the worship service of their choice
- Sunday, November 3rd at 11:00a - Class #1 for kids and parents
- Sunday, November 10th at 11:00a - Class #2 for kids and parents
- Sunday, November 17th at 11:00a - Class #3 for kids and parents
Weekly Program InformationSunday Morning Programs HPC Kids I (9:30a)
- Room 302: Age 3 (Potty trained) – PreK
- Room 306: Grades K – 2
- Room 303: Grades 3 – 5
- Room 302: Age 3 (Potty trained) – PreK
- Room 306: Grades K-5. Kids begin in large group and then move to small groups.
- Each week the children will experience a different aspect of “The Big God Story.” Click the following link to see what the kids will be learning week by week at a glance: What the Kids are Learning, January - May 2019.
- The NIrV Adventure Bible - This is the Bible we give our 2nd graders on Reformation Day each year. It is a great children’s Bible written on the 3rd grade reading level. It has all the books, chapters and verses of a regular Bible, but it also has special pages and graphics containing interesting facts and devotional materials for children.
- The Read and Learn Bible - This is a great Bible story book to read aloud to your non-reader or to have your elementary child read aloud to you or to his younger siblings. It includes a wide variety of stories from the Bible. Stories are simple and true to the original text.
- The Jesus Storybook Bible - In this little treasure, Sally Lloyd-Jones and illustrator Jago have woven together the Biblical narrative, beautiful artwork, and a rich and vibrant Christology. It is a book for children, but it can be read by teens and even adults as well. This book will teach you that the Bible is not a book of rules, but a love story. And that God is a Father who will move heaven and earth to get his lost children back.
- Why Do We Call it Christmas? - This DVD from the What’s in the Bible? series provides kids with a wealth of information on the traditions and stories of the holiday season. Why do we decorate a tree? How did Santa get his start? Was Jesus really born on December 25th? Come find out!
- What Happens When We Die? - This is a simple, straightforward book by children’s author Carolyn Nystrom. The book addresses children’s questions head-on and gives answers that are both comforting and theologically sound.
HPC Kids Evening – 2nd & 4th Sundays of every month from 6:00p - 7:30p. This runs from September through April.
- K2Kicks (grades K-2; Rm 306 & Fellowship Hall) - Twice a month our K-2nd graders come together at night to run, play, create, eat, and learn about God.
- Club 345 (grades 3-5, Rm 309 & Fellowship Hall) - It’s like youth group, but shorter! In Club 345 tweens connect with each other, group mentors, and God as they play together, share a snack, and take a look at Biblical topics.
Special Event Info
In addition to our regular weekly programs, we have a number of special programs throughout the year that seek to provide students with unique opportunities to experience their faith. Please check our Events page for more information.
The Church Office is open daily (M-F) from 9:00a - 4:30p. However, if you need to stop by a little later, please call ahead and let us know. Members of the church staff are often available after 4:30p.
See the different ways you can support the Ministry of HPC