Know. Experience. Connect.
At HPC, we want to give our kids a foundation for a lifelong faith that will stick with them no matter where life takes them. We do this by helping kids to…
- Know the Story- We want HPC Kids to know the Story of how God has worked and continues to work in human history, and we want kids to know that they are a part of that Story.
- Experience Discipleship- HPC Kids experience discipleship as they engage in worship, Bible reading, service projects, missions, and prayer.
- Connect with the Community- At HPC Kids we place a high priority on a child’s relationships with his or her peers and mentors. We think every kid needs a community inside the church that makes church a “second home,” and we make a conscious effort to help nurture such a community.
Director of Christian Education
VBS Volunteers Needed
Volunteers Needed for Vacation Bible School! There are MANY ways to help. Please visit the Volunteer Registration link to learn more and to sign up to help. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Karen Shumaker.
Also, we'll be having a VBS decorating party after church on Sunday, 7/14. This is optional, but if you're able to join us, we'd love to have you. All ages are welcome and lunch will be provided!
Roar @ HPC! (VBS)
An important note from our Director of Christian Education, Karen Shumaker:
"Thank you so much for your interest in HPC’s VBS! You may have heard about some of the problems with this year’s VBS curriculum, “Roar.” We have identified culturally inappropriate and racist aspects of the curriculum. Our response has been to rewrite some parts of the curriculum and completely replace other parts. We have also contacted the publishing company. The main message of God’s goodness through all of life’s ups and downs remains.
We are looking forward to an amazing week of VBS! Please feel free to talk with me if you have additional questions.”
At Roar, kids will explore God’s goodness and celebrate a ferocious faith that powers them through this wild life. During our fun-filled week together we’ll make friends, sing songs, play games, create crafts, and experience God’s Word.
Vacation Bible School for every age! At HPC, VBS is for 4 yr olds through those completing 5th Grade and grows with your child. We run three separate tracks at VBS, each specifically designed to help kids meet God where they are.
Contact Karen Shumaker or Carole Mills with any questions.
July 15th - 19th 9:00a - NOON daily
Weekly Program InformationSunday Morning Programs HPC Kids I (9:30a)
- Room 302: Age 3 (Potty trained) – PreK
- Room 306: Grades K – 2
- Room 303: Grades 3 – 5
- Room 302: Age 3 (Potty trained) – PreK
- Room 306: Grades K-5. Kids begin in large group and then move to small groups.
- Each week the children will experience a different aspect of “The Big God Story.” Click the following link to see what the kids will be learning week by week at a glance: What the Kids are Learning, January - May 2019.
- The NIrV Adventure Bible - This is the Bible we give our 2nd graders on Reformation Day each year. It is a great children’s Bible written on the 3rd grade reading level. It has all the books, chapters and verses of a regular Bible, but it also has special pages and graphics containing interesting facts and devotional materials for children.
- The Read and Learn Bible - This is a great Bible story book to read aloud to your non-reader or to have your elementary child read aloud to you or to his younger siblings. It includes a wide variety of stories from the Bible. Stories are simple and true to the original text.
- The Jesus Storybook Bible - In this little treasure, Sally Lloyd-Jones and illustrator Jago have woven together the Biblical narrative, beautiful artwork, and a rich and vibrant Christology. It is a book for children, but it can be read by teens and even adults as well. This book will teach you that the Bible is not a book of rules, but a love story. And that God is a Father who will move heaven and earth to get his lost children back.
- Why Do We Call it Christmas? - This DVD from the What’s in the Bible? series provides kids with a wealth of information on the traditions and stories of the holiday season. Why do we decorate a tree? How did Santa get his start? Was Jesus really born on December 25th? Come find out!
- What Happens When We Die? - This is a simple, straightforward book by children’s author Carolyn Nystrom. The book addresses children’s questions head-on and gives answers that are both comforting and theologically sound.
HPC Kids Evening – 2nd & 4th Sundays of every month from 6:00p - 7:30p. This runs from September through April.
- K2Kicks (grades K-2; Rm 306 & Fellowship Hall) - Twice a month our K-2nd graders come together at night to run, play, create, eat, and learn about God.
- Club 345 (grades 3-5, Rm 309 & Fellowship Hall) - It’s like youth group, but shorter! In Club 345 tweens connect with each other, group mentors, and God as they play together, share a snack, and take a look at Biblical topics.
Special Event Info
In addition to our regular weekly programs, we have a number of special programs throughout the year that seek to provide students with unique opportunities to experience their faith. Please check our Events page for more information.
The Church Office is open daily (M-F) from 9:00a - 4:30p. However, if you need to stop by a little later, please call ahead and let us know. Members of the church staff are often available after 4:30p.
See the different ways you can support the Ministry of HPC